How are the teachers in school helped to work with children with an SEND and what training do they receive?
- The SENDCo’s job is to support the class teacher in planning for children with SEND
- Whole school training is given to staff as and when appropriate
- Staff who need additional training are either sent on training courses, or are provided with in house training when needed.
- The SENDCO is involved with the SEND cluster group based in the South Cotswolds.
- EP and Advisory Teaching Service advisors are involved in training and advice for TAs and staff as well as NHS health specialists such as Speech and Language Therapy.
- Services who visit the school to help with support/advice and training:
o Parent Support Advisor
o Occupational Health Service
o Advisory Teaching Service for Hearing Impaired, Communication and Interaction
o Educational Psychology Service
o School Nurse
o Specialist Health Advisors (e.g. Diabetes team)
o Speech and Language team